Mango at PLMR is an education specialist division within PLMR, a successful, fast-growing communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that works across a number of high profile clients to deliver public relations for its clients. We are currently looking for a PR Account Manager to play a central member of the Mango at PLMR team, providing high quality servicing to all our clients.
What you will need…
We’re a close-knit team that really cares about our clients – that attitude is a must. Having worked for a diverse range of clients, you will have a proven aptitude for consultancy and management. In this role you will progress your consultancy skills; overseeing the day-to-day management of client accounts and maintaining a positive client relationship, spotting trends and identifying issues which might impact on client activity.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly editorial, you will be well organised, highly motivated and able to work under your own initiative. As a PR Account Manager you will be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and lead. You will have a proven ability to deliver on commitments, plan workloads, identify issues and find solutions. You will have your own networks within media circles which you will maintain and expand.
- You have been employed in the PR industry or a relevant organisation for at least two years (ex-journalists or marketers with editorial and client management experience are also welcome to apply).
- You have developed excellent client relationships, you have the ability to write persuasively and convey client messages accurately for different media and audiences.
- You have demonstrated that you can drive an account and are a capable and competent consultant.
- You have demonstrated that you have the ability to effectively manage client accounts to ensure client needs are met.
- You have proven editorial copy writing experience.
Your main responsibilities…
- provide leadership on accounts and act as a trusted point of contact for the client
- steering the account team to maintain excellent client relationships (we really pride ourselves on this)
- knowing what is happening on your accounts – what needs to be delivered, who needs to be contacted, what is coming up, and anticipating issues
- Ensuring that Mango at PLMR accurately monitors the media (newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media and blogs) for timely opportunities for clients
- researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- pitching, securing and writing editorials for the target media
- event management, including press conferences and promotional events
- attending journalist meetings and promoting client events to the media
- writing newsletters, briefings, and campaign material
- proof read all written material
Skills we need you to have…
- Educated to degree standard or with at least three years’ relevant work experience
- Experience of managing public relations projects, from a relevant background such as in-house corporate team or specialist/consultancy/regulatory body
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive editorials, press releases, emails etc
- Proven editing and proofreading ability
- Proven ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to understand, manage and respond in a timely and proactive manner
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines under pressure
- Highly motivated, well organised and able to work under your own initiative
- A can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Magda Lobodziec, PLMR’s HR Manager, at email@example.com.